Saturday, January 8, 2011

W.I.T.C.H comics

Yesterday, my brother unearthed my comic book shelf.I almost forgot about all of my comics there. I only collected 2, though. These were Monster Allergy(which I managed to collect ALL issues of, until it mysteriously stopped its production)and of course,the famous WITCH comics(I actually have the very first preview comic of, same as MA...well, had. I wasn't exactly known for taking care of my things back then...till now,really).

I decided to read the issues that I managed to not destroy into oblivion of the WITCH comics.

I never knew how bittersweet reading old comics was. I know, the last issue(at least, last for the Philippines)was published just 3 years ago. Still, you have to remember that it started on 2003, 8 years ago, which was more or less around the time when I was sin the first grade. Plus, I still have issue 4. Wow, I'm old.

Anyways, back to the WITCH comics, I realize how influenced I was by it. Or how young I was. Back then,I was all,"I love WITCH! Hay Lin's my favorite character! And all of them are really pretty!". Now, I realized that Hay Lin's Chinese, Taranee's black(well, half-black), Will's a redhead, Irma's brunette and Cornelia's blonde. I've also realized how I never really did know what color their eyes were. I only really realized how I've changed(and in a span of 2 years,no less). It's funny. And somehow depressing.

What's your favorite saga? Mine is...uh....umm....I don't...know. One things for sure: I hated the Ragorlang one. So I plotted to wait it out until the next saga comes. You know, just like what Taranee did. Only it turned out good for her. Me, not so much. Imagine how shocked I was when I passed by the comic stand and saw issue no 70(or was it 71?) with the big banner saying "Collector's edition:Last few issues left"(or something like that). Naturally, I bought it. Until the very final one.

Lemme ask you, who was your favorite couple? Mine was Hay Lin and Eric. Still is. I didn't like Elyon and Caleb together,and no, I didn't care about him and Cornelia back then either. But I guess it was inevitable. Still, it's pretty awkward, right? Your former best friend with the former love of your life, amirite? Although I do love Elyon to bits. It's Caleb I didn't like. Although given the fact that they gave Hay Lin and Eric enough coverage makes up for it(who else screamed when they saw the part where Eric kissed her right after she gave him the CD?(although "Smelling a Rat by Black Shadow"? I mean, REALLY?!?!)And of course when she first met his parents? Or maybe when they first met? Actually, any part that included the two of them?).

Well, when I read my last readable issue(the last issue that's readable is the one about the green ray. The other last ones were destroyed by the rain. I hate you, whichever Typhoon it was), I typed in Witch comics in Google. Turns out, there are comic scans for it. And it's also good to know that it's ongoing.

Bye for now, then. I still have to do some catch up reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment