Thursday, September 9, 2010

DB's Shorts: The White Room

Hey there! Anyways, I got the great idea of making some short stories every once in a while and headlining them as DB's Shorts. Very creative, yes? (Alright, you can roll your eyes now)

Well, here goes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I woke up, not knowing.

I looked around, and my mind was blank.

I was in a room that had nothing in it. It looked just pure white.
No doors, no windows, no nothing. I was scared.

And the scariest part is because even though I was creeped out by the room, I was more scared because my mind was blank. I didn't know anything, not even my name. I didn't know if I simply did not know, or if I had amnesia. Either ways, I was scared.

"Where am I? And more importantly, Who am I?
"

I hoped that someone would answer me. Instead, the sound ricocheted against the walls, over and over, until the sound finally and mercifully stopped.

Tell me,

What was this? And why can I remember words and feelings, but not remember who I was?

I stood up. Well, I tried to. My legs started to hurt as if a million hornet bees were stinging it as soon as I moved them.

Wait....hornet bees? What are those?

For half a second, I could see a glimpse of an image, but it was fuzzy. I tried to make it come back, but it wouldn't. I thought it was something important but...I don't know.

I scanned the room, because I thought I must have missed an opening or something. But no, nothing. I was trapped.

I wonder...is this everything? Is this room my whole world? A world full of white. Nothing else, but white. White that was uninterrupted by......what was that? I know there's something, but I can't remember....

I'm scared.

I'm scared.

I'm scared.

Help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a room that looked quite like a laboratory was a woman smiling triumphantly at another, who wore a hat-like contraption that covered almost all of her face. The two women were separated by a big piece of glass.

The woman wearing the hat was saying something, although what it was only she and the other woman, who was wearing a headphone, probably to hear whatever the woman with the hat was saying, knew.

A man passed by and asked,

"Hey, won't you give her a break for a while?"

"No,"She answered,"I want to drive her into a state of insanity so severe that it can't be undone. I have to"

"Oh well, suit yourself"

And he left.

The two women were left alone again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment