Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Countdown to G-Day: Day 19

I'm cheating for this one, because this is actually something I just posted on a forum.



This happened last year, when a popular guidance counselor suddenly died of a heart attack. A few days had already passed when this took place. I could remember my friend crying on her desk at one point during that morning, when one of the teachers used his spare time to talk about him, the reception(I say reception because I don't know what's it called. It takes place before the actual funeral) and the guy's son, a little kid who happened to be a friend of her brother's, and spent most of the time during the 'reception' playing with her brother. But I digress. Aside from that, the morning went smoothly. Then came the afternoon class.
I was busy doing an activity so I didn't notice anything until some of my classmates started screaming. I turned my head to see what was going on but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, aside from a few classmates panicking, one of was particularly stricken. I prodded my seatmate and asked what was happening, which he replied by saying the counselor's name. I had half-guessed that it was him 'visiting' us because the stricken girlhappened to have her third eye open(if you can see ghosts people will know about it here), and that made me sure. A few moments passed. Some of the shock faded a bit, and some of my classmates were already starting to discuss about it when all of a sudden the smell of dead roses permeated the air. We were all quiet after that.
She(the stricken girl) told us later that it was him. Apparently she had promised her friends that she'd go to the 'reception', but wasn't able to make it. In the end, he decided to visit her instead.
That's the end of it. I know it's not really scary, and I do have a few more stories(oh the joys of studying in an old Catholic private school) but this post is long enough as it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment